About Mother Mentors
Mother Mentor’s mission is to nurture mothers and other caregivers of young children by providing practical and emotional support.
Our Mission and Values:
The Vision of Mother Mentors Whidbey Island is for all families of young children on the island to feel supported and connected to each other and to their community.
The Mission of Mother Mentors is to nurture parents and other caregivers of young children by offering emotional and practical support.
Core Values: We believe the strength of families emanates from parents and their convictions. Parents are their children’s first and most important teacher.
We believe how we do the work of supporting families is as important as what we do. By embracing these values, we contribute to a healthy organization and healthy, positive family life in our community.
The importance of healthy, positive relationships, including
- A commitment to family in our work and in staff work-life balance
- The strength and beauty of the parent–child relationship and the recognition that the first years of life are critical to a child’s positive growth and development
- An acknowledgement that there are opportunity gaps for many young children and families based on race, ethnicity, gender, income, ability, culture, and geography. We commit to eliminating these gaps and addressing the root causes. We commit to approaching our work with a sense of cultural humility and inclusion.
We are committed to quality and excellence in our work through
- Consistent and authentic collaboration
- Respectfulness, inclusiveness and diversity
- Integrity, Honesty and Transparency
- Optimism and a willingness to take risks to encourage Innovation
- Accountability to ourselves, our families and our community
Mother Mentors is focused on reducing stress and strengthening families. By building relationships and creating community, we create a network of support for Whidbey Island families with young children.